HELLMANN’S SICK OF FOOD WASTE DAY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or TikTok. You understand that you are providing your information to Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever and not to Instagram or TikTok. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are determined a Sweepstakes winner.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Hellmann’s Sick of Food Waste Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts on February 5, 2024 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 12, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age as of date of entry. Employees of Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, the “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and its affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may enter on your web enabled mobile device using the Instagram or TikTok application (collectively, the “Site”) by posting a video of yourself on your TikTok or Instagram feed (not Instagram story) using Hellmann’s mayonnaise to turn your leftovers into a next day meal or a video of yourself eating leftovers with the hashtags #SickOfFoodWasteDay and #sweepstakes and tagging either @hellmannsmayonnaise or @bestfoodsmayonnaise (the “Submission”) to receive one (1) entry (the “Entry”) into the random drawing. The use of Hellmann’s is not required for Entry. You must have a public Instagram account to enter via Instagram. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store. You must have a public TikTok account to enter via TikTok. If you do not have a TikTok account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free TikTok app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Site account associated with the Entry. The person submitting the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the authorized account holder of the Site account/email address submitted at the time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” of a Site account is defined as the person who is responsible for joining the Site and who manages the e-mail address associated with the Site account. “Authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the other requirements of these Official Rules may be disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Limit one (1) Entry per person per day. The Entry must: 1) be complete to be eligible and 2) be the property of the Entrant. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Submission qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified. Participation is subject to disqualification of all Entries, if multiple accounts are used by the same person. As applicable, normal Internet/phone access and usage/data charges imposed by Entrants’ online/mobile service will apply.
4. Entry Requirements: By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted. No people other than Entrant may be depicted in video. The Entry, or portion thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrants. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, inappropriate, disparaging, offensive or contains proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Entries should not contain any third-party materials (other than Hellmann’s/Best Foods), or otherwise violate or infringe (or possibly infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or include any music not owned by Entrant. Sponsor may blur or black out the infringing material, in their sole discretion. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winner acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries in any way it sees fit. Instagram/TikTok are not affiliated with this in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the prize. No endorsement or approval of Sweepstakes by Instagram/TikTok is expressed or implied. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Entries may be posted on the Sponsor’s website, Sponsor’s social media pages, and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about March 14, 2024, from among all eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning the prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A 4-day/3-night trip for the winner and one (1) travel companion to New Orleans, LA in February 2025. Trip includes round trip economy class air transportation from the major airport nearest the winner’s home to New Orleans, LA; three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy); a $1,000 Sponsor-selected transportation gift card to be used for ground transportation; a $3,000 check made payable to the winner to be used towards; and a Sponsor-selected tailgate experience (ARV: $15,000).
All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning the prize or any prize component furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize or prize component of equal or greater value. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. GRAND PRIZE RULES: Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., REAL ID, passport or other TSA-approved ID; visit www.tsa.gov for a list of TSA-approved IDs) in order to travel. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. In the event the Grand Prize winner lives within one-hundred fifty (150) miles of destination, round-trip ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided. Certain restrictions may apply. Grand Prize trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen travel vouchers or certificates. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, meals, ground transportation, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, entertainment and transfers, are Grand Prize winner’s sole responsibility. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable or cancelled for reasons out of Sponsor’s control. Grand Prize winner will be responsible for any other costs or expenses associated with the Grand Prize, including payment of applicable taxes. Travel companion of Grand Prize winner must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Travel companion of Grand Prize winner must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as Grand Prize winner. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Gift card restrictions and expiration dates may apply.
8. GENERAL: Potential winner will be initially notified by direct message on Instagram/TikTok (as applicable) and required to follow the instructions outlined in the direct message to arrange for notification documentation within forty-eight (48) hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Potential winner may need to accept @hellmannsmayonnaise as a follower on TikTok to receive a direct message, if applicable. Potential Grand Prize winner will then be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and liability release and, except where prohibited, publicity release and assignment of rights within forty-eight (48) hours of notification in order to be confirmed as the Grand Prize winner. If potential Grand Prize winner fails to return the completed Declaration within forty-eight (48) hours, Declaration is returned as undeliverable or if a potential winner is deemed to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Return of prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply to direct message may result in disqualification and alternate potential winner will be selected. Winner and all Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, Instagram, TikTok, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, Entry and Submission for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, Entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the prize from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation as outlined above. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs.
9. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
10. WINNER: For the name of the winner, available for ninety (90) days after March 12, 2024, send an email to: Winners@dja.com with “Hellmann’s Sick of Food Waste Day Sweepstakes” as the subject line. Winner List will be sent after the prize has been awarded.
11. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Conopco, Inc. d/b/a Unilever, 700 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 07632. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.