Vegan Ranch Mac & Cheese with Buffalo Tofu
- BUFFALO TOFU:
- 1 package (350 g) extra firm tofu, crumbled into small chunks
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (22 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegan Buffalo sauce
- RANCH MAC & CHEESE:
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) plant-based butter or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) unsweetened non dairy milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) turmeric
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hellmann's® Vegan Ranch Salad Dressing
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked pasta
For BUFFALO TOFU: Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss crumbled tofu with oil in a medium bowl until well-coated, then sprinkle with cornstarch and salt and toss again to coat.
Spread on lined baking sheet and bake 10 minutes. Toss, then bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and toss in vegan buffalo sauce. Add more or less as desired, depending on preference. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
For RANCH MAC & CHEESE: Melt vegan butter in nonstick pan on medium-high heat and add flour. Stir constantly until you create a thin, smooth paste. Slowly pour in non-dairy milk while stirring constantly (use a whisk if there are clumps) to create a creamy consistency. Stir in nutritional yeast, garlic powder salt and turmeric.
Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and Hellmann's® Vegan Ranch Salad Dressing. Stir in cooked pasta until coated. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Plate the mac and cheese then top with the buffalo tofu. Drizzle with more Salad Dressing if desired and enjoy.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT