Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked, cooled quinoa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hellmann’s® Organic™ Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
Mash black beans in large bowl. Stir in quinoa, cheese, Hellmann’s® Organic™ Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise, bread crumbs, carrot, onion, cilantro and salt.
Shape into 8 patties (about 1/2 cup or 125 mL each). (If needed, add a tablespoon or so more bread crumbs to help hold them together). Spray nonstick skillet with no-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add burgers and cook, turning once, until golden brown and heated through, about 10 minutes.
Top, if desired, with additional Mayonnaise and serve on whole wheat buns.
Tip: Also delicious made with Hellmann’s Spicy Mayonnaise Type Dressing
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT