Vegan Mini Carrot Cake Muffins by Andy Hay
- MUFFIN BATTER:
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) oat milk
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Hellmann's® Vegan
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) grated carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) apple sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plant-based butter
- 8 ounces (226 g) vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oat milk
Preheat oven to 350° F (180°C). Line mini muffin pans with mini muffin cups.
For Muffins, in a bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and orange zest. Set the bowl aside.
In a separate bowl, mix together the oat milk, Hellmann’s Vegan mayonnaise, grated carrots, and applesauce. Now combine both the dry and wet ingredients together until smooth, Be careful not to overwork the batter.
Spoon batter into prepared mini muffin pans. Once all of the muffin molds are filled, place pans into the oven and bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from the oven when you can poke the muffin with a toothpick, and it comes out clean. Place muffins on cooling rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile to make Icing, add the vegan butter, vegan cream cheese, icing sugar, and oat milk to a bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture until smooth. Option to place icing into a piping bag affixed with a star tip.
Once muffins are cooled, pipe or spread on Icing and enjoy!
For more information, visit Andy Hay’s website here https://theeastcoastkitchen.com/
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT