Vegan Caramelized Onion Dip
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 Spanish or sweet (Vidalia) onion, diced (about 2 1/4 cups /550 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (about 1 tsp./5 mL)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hellmann's® Vegan
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegan sour cream alternative
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegan cream cheese alternative
Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onions, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in garlic and cook an additional minute.
Process Hellmann's® Vegan and remaining ingredients in food processor until smooth. Add onions and season, if desired, with salt and pepper and pulse a few times just until onions are blended.
Serve, if desired, with cut-up celery, carrots, radish, cherry tomatoes and pita wedges.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT