Shrimp Summer Rolls
- 6 Tbsp. (90 mL) Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 8 ounces (227 g) peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) broken thin rice noodles, prepared according to package directions (about 3 cups/750 mL cooked)
- 2 small cucumbers or 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips, (2 cups/500 mL)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) matchstick cut carrots
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced green onions
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) mirin
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (22 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) grated fresh ginger
For SUMMER ROLLS, combine Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise with ginger in small bowl. Heat 2 Tbsp (30 mL). Mayonnaise mixture in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook shrimp, turning once, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp; cool, then coarsely chop and set aside.
Combine noodles with remaining Mayonnaise mixture in bowl*. Combine cucumbers, cilantro, carrots and green onions in another bowl.
Fill large bowl with water. Working with 1 wrapper at a time, soak in water until pliable but not limp, about 30 seconds. Lift wrapper out of water and let excess water drip off; transfer to cutting board.
Arrange some of the shrimp on lower third of wrapper; top with about 1/4 cup (60 mL) each noodles and vegetables. Fold bottom of wrapper over filling, then fold in ends and roll up like a burrito. Transfer to platter. Repeat to make 11 more rolls. Cover rolls with damp paper towels, then cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until serving. (Can be made 1 day ahead).
For DIPPING SAUCE, combine remaining ingredients in small bowl**. Cut summer rolls in half and serve with Dipping Sauce.
** For a delicious creamy dipping sauce whisk in 3 tablespoons (45 mL) Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise.\nTip: This recipe is also delicious with Hellmann's® Spicy Mayonnaise.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT