Vegan Breakfast Tacos
- Pickled Red Onions
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vinegar
- 1 pinch each salt and sugar
- 1 package (454 g) soft tofu
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) chili powder
- 3 Tbsp. Hellmann's® Vegan
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
For Pickled Red Onions, toss onions, vinegar, salt and sugar in medium bowl and set aside.
For Tacos, wrap tofu with paper towels and press out excess moisture. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onions 3 minutes.
Add tofu and cook 6 minutes, stirring and breaking up with wooden spoon. Add chili powder and toss to coat the tofu mixture. Stir in Hellmann's® Vegan, then beans and and cook, stirring, until heated through.
Fill tortillas evenly with tofu mixture. Garnish if desired, with additional Hellmann's® Dressing, roasted butternut squash cubes, avocado slices, cilantro springs and lime wedges. Serve with Pickled Onions.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT