Smoked Salmon Sandwiches
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) margarine
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) snipped fresh dill, divided
- 4 slices artisan bread or country-style bread
- 1/3 lb. (160 g) thinly sliced smoked salmon
Melt margarine in small saucepan over low heat, then stir in sour cream, cream cheese and Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise with wire whisk. Cook over very low heat, stirring frequently, until very smooth. Stir in lemon juice; turn into small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice into very thin strips; set aside.
Bring water, vinegar and sugar to a boil in small saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat and let cool. Add cucumber and 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) dill. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour. Drain.
Spread bread with cream cheese spread, then top with salmon, pickled cucumber and remaining dill.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT