Portobello Mushroom Pitas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hellmann's® with Olive Oil ½ the Fat mayonnaise-type dressing
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, (about 3/4 lb/ 375 g)
- 2 red onions, cut into 1/4-inch (6 mm) thick rounds
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 large whole wheat pita breads
In small bowl, combine Hellmann's® Olive Oil, cheese, basil, garlic and salt; set aside.
Season mushroom caps and onions, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Grill or broil mushroom caps and onions 8 minutes or until tender, turning once.
To serve, arrange pita breads on serving plates. Evenly spread with 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture, then top with lettuce, mushroom caps, tomato, hot onion and remaining mayonnaise mixture.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT