Mushroom “Shawarma” Bowl with Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced tomato
- Juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms, cut into thick slices
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Hellmann's® Vegan Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) pickled turnips*
Combine cucumber, tomato, 1/2 the lemon juice, olive oil and salt to taste if desired in a small bowl; set aside.
Combine mushrooms, Hellmann's® Vegan Green Goddess Salad Dressing remaining lemon juice, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, and salt to taste if desired in bowl and toss to coat.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high and cook mushrooms slices 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until deeply brown and slightly crisp. Transfer fried mushrooms to a cutting board and chop into bite size pieces.
To assemble, place cooked rice in a bowl and top with mushroom shawarma, tomato cucumber salad, and pickled turnips. Garnish with a generous drizzle of Hellmann’s® Vegan Green Goddess Dressing and hot sauce. Enjoy!
Tip: Serve with warm pita on the side.\nThis delicious recipe comes from Vijaya Selvaraju / @vijayaselvaraju4
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT