Mediterranean Vegan Burgers
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1 package (300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (540 mL) lentils, drained and mashed
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked, cooled farro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hellmann's® Vegan
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) ground flax seed or flax meal, optional
- 6 vegan hamburger buns, toasted
Heat 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onions, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and garlic and cook until onion is softened and mixture is dry, about 3 minutes.
Combine lentils, farro, Hellmann's® Vegan, bread crumbs, sun-dried tomatoes and flax seed in large bowl.
Stir spinach mixture into bowl and form into 6 patties. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) in large nonstick skillet and cook patties over medium heat 10 minutes, turning once, until lightly golden and heated through.
Serve on buns with, if desired, lettuce and a dollop of Hellmann's® Vegan. Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT