Japanese Macaroni Salad
- 8 ounces (113 g) uncooked short-cut macaroni
- 2 Persian cucumbers, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (60 mL) Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) Knorr ® Shichimi Togarashi Seasoning Blend or more to taste
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) granulated sugar
- 4 slices ham, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (60 mL) drained canned corn
- 2 hard cooked egg, chopped
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water, then drain again.
Meanwhile, combine cucumbers, onion and salt in medium bowl. Lightly massage the salt into the cucumber and onion. (This will help remove the moisture.) Let stand 5 minutes. Squeeze water from cucumber and onion, then rinse under cold water.
Combine Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise and Knorr® Shichimi Togarashi Seasoning Blend, vinegar and sugar in large bowl. Add macaroni, cucumber-onion mixture, ham and corn and toss to mix and coat. Gently stir in egg. Serve, or cover and refrigerate until cold.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT