Farro Bowl with Pan-Seared Brussels Sprouts & Smokey Chickpeas
- 3 tsp. (15 mL) olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces (225 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) smoked paprika
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked farro
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hellmann’s® Honey Dijon Salad Dressing
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded multicolored carrots or regular carrots
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted pumpkin seeds
HEAT 2 tsp. (10 mL) olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook Brussels sprouts, stirring occasionally, until golden in spots and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove.
HEAT remaining 1 tsp. (10 mL) olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas; sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt if desired and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and browned in spots, about 4 minutes. Remove.
TOSS farro with 1/4 cup (60 mL) Hellmann’s® Honey Dijon Salad Dressing and spoon evenly into 4 bowls. Top with shredded carrots, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, Brussels sprouts and chickpeas. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) Dressing.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT