Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 small red chili peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 large shallot *, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh ginger
- 4 tsp. (20 mL) ground turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) garam masala
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 3/4 lb. (350 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into thick slices
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. (60 mL) low fat coconut cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) non-fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
Process chili peppers, tomato paste, shallot, ginger, turmeric, garlic and garam masala in blender to make a paste; set aside.
Combine Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise with 1/4 of the chili pepper mixture in non-aluminum bowl or shallow baking dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, 4 hours.
Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
Heat remaining chili pepper mixture in same skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Stir in coconut cream and yogurt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes . Stir in chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 8 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and, if desired, toasted sliced almonds. Serve, if desired, with steamed basmati rice and naan bread.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT