- 1 lb. (450 g) beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil, divided
- 3/4 lb. (375 g) potatoes (about 2-3), peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 mL) Knorr® Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Lightly coat beef with flour. Heat 1/2 Tbsp. oil in large, deep heavy-duty skillet or Dutch oven and brown beef over medium heat, turning occasionally. Remove beef and set aside.
Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp. oil to same skillet and cook potatoes, carrots, onion and parsnip, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, then stir in tomato paste, Knorr® Beef Broth and Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until beef is very tender, about 3 hours. Serve, if desired, with mashed potatoes and broccoli or your favorite salad.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT