- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 9 x 5-in. (23 x 13-cm) baking pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside. Whisk egg, brown sugar, bananas, Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise and vanilla in large bowl with wire whisk until blended; set aside.
Combine flours, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir in 3/4 cup (175 mL) walnuts. Fold into banana mixture just until combined. Turn into prepared pan; smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) walnuts.
Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
Tip: Also terrific with Hellmann's® 1/2 the Fat mayonnaise-type dressing.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT