A Classic Cheeseburger
- 1 lb. (450 g) extra lean ground beef
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese or American cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 4 slices red onion
Combine ground beef, 2 Tbsp./30mL Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise, garlic and black pepper in bowl; shape into 4 patties.
Grill or broil burgers until desired doneness. Top with cheese and cook until cheese is melted. Spread buns evenly with remaining 2 Tbsp./30mL Mayonnaise. Serve burgers in buns with lettuce, tomato and red onion. Serve with coleslaw if desired.
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT