- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped pepperoncini
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup (90 mL) PLUS 2 Tbsp. Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise, divided
- 1 loaf seeded Italian bread
- 8 slices provolone cheese, (about 4 oz./125 g)
- 12 slices hard salami, (about 3 oz./90 g)
- 8 thin slices deli ham, (about 4 oz./125 g)
- 8 thin slices deli turkey breast, (about 4 oz./125 g)
- 1 tomato, sliced
Combine lettuce, red onion, pepperoncini, red wine vinegar and Italian seasoning in medium bowl. Stir in ¼ cup (60 mL) Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise until well blended; set aside.
Slice bread in half lengthwise. Spread the remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Mayonnaise on the bottom of the bread. Then layer the provolone, salami, ham, turkey and tomato slices. Spoon the lettuce mixture evenly over the tomatoes and top with the top half of bread.
Cut into 4 portions and serve your grinders subs!
WHAT TO MAKE NEXT