Chunky Adobo Sofrito Chicken
|Amount Per Serving||Value|
|Protein (g)||28.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates (g)||32.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||5.0 g|
|Calcium (mg)||6.0 %|
|Fibre (g)||4.0 g|
|Sodium (mg)||280.0 mg|
|Fat (g)||7.0 g|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||75.0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||10.0 %|
|Potassium (mg)||790.0 mg|
|Vitamin A||15.0 %|
|Vitamin C||110.0 %|
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise or Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1 lb.) or skinless bone-in chicken thighs*
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
Or Try It With
Combine, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar and oregano in small bowl; remove and set aside 1 tablespoon.
Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Rub both sides of chicken with 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise mixture and refrigerate 20 minutes. Toss tomatoes, peppers and onion with remaining Mayonnaise mixture.
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
Heat same skillet over medium-high heat and cook vegetable mixture, stirring occasionally, until peppers and onion are almost tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in water; add chicken cook covered over medium-low heat, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
Transfer chicken to serving platter. Stir reserved 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise mixture into vegetables. Spoon vegetable mixture onto platter and sprinkle, if desired, with chopped cilantro. Serve with hot cooked rice
*If using chciekn thighs you will need to increase the cooking time.\nCost per recipe*: $7.79.
Cost per serving*: $1.95.
More Recipes You'll Love
Explore our range of delicious, quick and easy recipes!