RESCUE YOUR RINDS
Before you throw those watermelon rinds away, transform your fruit waste into a delicious chutney! Just chop, simmer and top!
Save those rinds and save some cash! On average, Canadian’s spend
$1,766 every year on avoidable food waste (and 15% of the food we waste is fruit)! So why not turn those rinds into a prize chutney with this zero-waste recipe?
WHAT YOU NEED
1. Watermelon rinds
5. Cream cheese
WHAT TO DO
1. Slice watermelon rinds into small cubes.
2. Place cubes in a saucepan and turn to medium heat.
3. Add your garlic, ginger, and sugar.
4. Stir occasionally until rinds break down into a sauce.
5. Top your crackers with chutney and cream cheese.
For a tasty addition to your meal, top your poultry or pork dishes with this chutney.