Curry in a Hurry
- Pick a BASE
- Use up FRUIT & VEG
- Choose a PROTEIN
- Add a MAGIC TOUCH
Flexipes are flexible recipes that are quick and easy to make with the food you already have.
Pick a Base
- Rice, any kind of potatoes
Use up your fruit & veg
- Carrots, onion, garlic, spinach or any other leftover vegetables
Add an optional protein
- Chicken or fish or lentils
Add a magic touch
- 1 cup Coconut milk, 1 tbsp Curry paste or powder, 1 tbsp Ginger
- Nutritional values may vary based on your choice of ingredients and serving size
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and cook 1/2 cup of onion with oil. Add 1 clove of garlic, and thumb size grated ginger until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add your 1 cup of potatoes (if any), 1 cup of protein source, 2 cups left over vegetables and part one of the magic touch: the coconut milk (1 cup).
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
Season with curry paste as final magic touch. Serve with rice.
Flexipes are recipes that are quick & easy to make, and delicious to eat. Made from food you already have! Get more inspiration to reduce food waste with fun weekly challenges and recipes with our Fridge Night app. Read more on this via this link.