Balsamic Italian Oven-Fried Chicken
- Serves: 8
- PREP TIME: 10 min
- Marinate for 1 hr
- COOK TIME: 35 min
- 1 roasting chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs or fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, vinegar and chicken in a large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish or resealable plastic bag. Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, 1 hour. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese in shallow dish; coat chicken with mixture.
- Arrange chicken on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 35 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
TIP: Great with a Dijon dipping sauce or a creamy bruschetta topping.
For a Dijon dipping sauce: combine 1/4 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise with 2 Tbsp. milk and 1 tsp. Dijon mustard.
For a creamy balsamic bruschetta topping: combine 1/4 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise with 1 cup seeded and chopped tomato, 2 Tbsp. chopped red onion, 1 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves and 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar.
Cost per recipe*: $8.52
Cost per serving*: $1.06
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Servings Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||220|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||4 %|