Day After Thanksgiving Fiesta Salad
- Serves: 4
- PREP TIME: 10 min
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 6 cups romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cups cooked turkey
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise and salsa in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl. Just before serving, toss with mayonnaise mixture. Serve, if desired, with your favorite Salad Fixin's such as chopped tomatoes, black beans, shredded cheese, sliced pitted ripe olives, sliced green onions and/or tortilla chips.
Cost per recipe*: $5.72. Cost per serving*: $1.43. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets. TRY THESE VARIATIONS: Green Chili & Lime Ole Turkey Salad... substitute 1 can (4.25 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained, and 1 tablespoon lime juice for salsa and prepare as above. Next Day Ole Turkey Wrap... spread mayonnaise-salsa mixture on flour tortillas, then layer with remaining ingredients and Salad Fixin's. Roll up and enjoy!
Turkey Nachos Ole... omit lettuce. Arrange 1 bag (7 oz.) tortilla chips on baking sheet, then top with turkey and 2 cups shredded cheese; broil until cheese is melted. Drizzle with mayonnaise-salsa mixture, sprinkle with bacon and top with your favorite Nacho Fixin's. Next Day Turkey Taco Salad...layer lettuce, turkey, bacon and your favorite Taco Fixin's over tortilla chips, then drizzle with mayonnaise-salsa mixture. Next Day Pasta Salad... omit lettuce and bacon; increase mayonnaise and salsa to 3/4 cup EACH. Combine with turkey, 8 ounces cooked pasta, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 1 small red bell pepper, chopped.
|Servings Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||230|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||130 %|
|Vitamin C||30 %|